Friday 20 April 2012

Twit twoo - baby canvas for Happy Daze



This was the canvas I decorated for my beautiful Great Niece Emily Rose as a christening present.
This month over at the Happy Daze blog the challenge is based around water themed or technique projetcs - now this might leave you a bit confused by my project???

Well the main technique I used was image transfer with Claudine Hellmuth's sticky backed canvas and patterned papers detailed on my blog HERE.
the canvas was panited with acrylic paint using a baby wipe and blending two contrasting colours. 
I then added a crackle glaze and the top coat of cream acrylic paint. 

I spritzed  my bacground with a combo of cosmic shimmer mist and a mist of distress re-inker with perfect pearls mixed in.
The shapes were cut by hand to co-ordinate with Emily's super cute bedding, and everything was adhered to the canvas with Claudine's multi matte medium.

To finish off I added distress and glitz stickles to add a pretty highlight :D

Her Mum loved it so much I made her cry - oops!!
here's a couple of close-ups ....


I hope it doesn't make Emily cry :-O

hugs'n'snogs,
Julie xx

2 comments:

  1. awww it's beautiful! Love those birds!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful page Julie. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :D I really appreciate them all as it lets me know I'm not really talking to myself LOL :D
I enjoy reading them too ;-)
With the exception of Spam... me no likey spam tinned or comments!!
I moderate comments and just delete SPAM so please don’t waste my time or yours 😊
Thank you kindly xx